Are you looking for something fun to do with your kids? I have the perfect thing for you. Saylor has been into that gross fart slime lately, so I knew this was perfect for us. This video (see HERE) showed up in my FB feed and I thought it seemed totally easy to do! No weird ingredients. All you need is:
- Elmer’s Glue
- Shaving Cream
- Baking Soda
- Contact Solution
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Foaming Hand Soap (optional)
- Goo Gone
In the original video I went off of, they made a huge batch, so I cut that in half. The amount of slime that I made was perfect for 2 kids, and would have worked well for up to 4 in my opinion. All you do is:
- In a large bowl, dump the 5 bottles of glue. Then add the baking soda. Use 1/2 t for each bottle of glue. Start stirring!
- Add your shaving cream. Use about 1/4 C for every bottle of glue…we eyeballed this part so you don’t have to be super exact. Keep stirring and working everything together! (We had 2 bottles of shaving cream and one wasn’t foamy, so be sure that yours is nice and foamy! A nice scent doesn’t hurt either.)
- Add your food coloring and keep stirring.
- Add a few pumps of foamy soap. This apparently makes it more fluffy.
- Now is the fun part. Start squirting some saline into the fluff. I thought it was easiest to do this while someone else is stirring, so you can see the consistency start to change. Keep adding until you see that it is starting to not stick to the bowl. As soon as you can touch it without it sticking to you, take it out of the bowl and work with it on the counter. Keep kneading it as using as much contact solution as you need.
That is it! So easy, right? It probably took us about 5, maybe 10 minutes. The counters and things ended up a bit sticky, so for clean up I used a damp rag with some Goo Gone, and the sticky mess cleaned right up. For some reason the slime stuck to Saylor’s shirt, so be careful with that. It rinsed right out, it was just more of an annoyance.
Have fun with it and let me know if you try it! Saylor says she wants to make slime again tomorrow, but purple! Oh, I’m storing mine in just a tupperware container. We will see how long it lasts!
If you are looking for an easy, 2 ingredient cloud dough recipe, see HERE.
PS Be sure you are following me on Instagram @robynmeacham!