I have suffered with acne for most of my life. Can anyone else relate? It is the worst! And as I am getting older, it is getting worse. UGH. I never thought that that was even a thing…until it became my life. I’ve tried anything and everything to help my skin, and I have found some things to help keep my breakouts *mostly* at bay, but I still find I get these red marks and little scars that tend to stick around for so long.
I was excited when I found THIS product and especially when I read the reviews. It seemed like this machine actually WORKED for people, and is really safe and effective. The BlueMD uses LED technology to safely and effectively eradicate the acne-causing bacteria that cause blemishes and blackheads.
What I really like about this light therapy system, is that it only takes 5 minutes! It is so simple and easy to do, and takes no time or thought. They say that this heals your skin from the inside out, and I really like that idea, that it isn’t just on the surface. I love that you can use it for many different things too, not just if you have acne!
The light isn’t painful at all, you don’t feel a single thing. It is simple enough for anyone, all ages, to use. It doesn’t take up a lot of space, and it isn’t an eyesore! Most people see results as early as 3 weeks, and some don’t see any until closer to 12 weeks. Consistency is key. You can learn more about how to use the BlueMD LED Blue Light Therapy HERE.
For a limited time, Trophy Skin is offering my readers 10% off using code SSLIFE10 – that is awesome! Also, the BlueMD is currently 50% OFF!! So hurry right now and grab it at an amazing price!
Thank you Trophy Skin for sponsoring this post.
Have you guys seen the amazing 2 ingredient face mask recipe going around that is super popular right now? Well I finally decided to purchase the stuff and give it a try! I was so excited. The only two things you need are benonite clay and apple cider vinegar. I did some research and the ones that I bought have seemed to be the favorites (see bottom of post for purchasing links). This mask supposedly is great for acne, exfoliating, can help reduce the look of scars, unclogs and shrinks pores, helps draw toxins out of your skin…seriously just Google it and you will want to try it!
If you follow me on IG (@robynmeacham), you have seen that I just eyed the recipe. All it is is equal parts clay and vinegar, and use a non metal bowl and spoon to mix! I always use way too much, so I think about 1-2 Tbsp of each is a good amount.
I put it on fairly thick, and used to spoon for application. Your fingertips are fine.
As it dries, you will feel it tingling and tightening. I would recommend starting at 5 minutes if you have sensitive skin, but if you aren’t sensitive, you can wear it up to 30-45 minutes! Use lukewarm water to remove it, and slight redness after is normal. I’m going to start using it once a week, and then work my way up to 2 or 3 times a week! Have you tried this before? I haven’t met anyone who has tried it that didn’t love it! The ingredients are super affordable and they will last you a long time, so go for it!
Shop ingredients below:
I may sound repetitive bringing up Salis Skincare again, but I don’t care! When I find a good thing, I need to share it. And Laura has so generously allowed me to give away $75 shop credit to one lucky winner…see my IG on how to enter. Salis offers the best natural skincare products, and they have changed my skin. I went to see Laura back in February for a facial and all around skin consultation. She suggested I use her Lavender and Jasmine Scrub, Blackhead Removal Mask, take Mineral Support, and try and be aware of what foods I eat that may affect my skin.
At 27 years old my skin was by far the worst it had ever been. I struggled with major hormonal acne and was so self conscious. Laura changed my life! Skin (unfortunately) doesn’t change over night, it takes a long time to heal. The pictures below are about 4 months apart. I still could change so many things about my skin if I could, but I am SO HAPPY that it is 80% better than what it was just not that long ago. I feel so vulnerable sharing these pictures, but if I can help someone not be discouraged about their skin, than it is worth it 🙂
Here are some products that I have yet to try, but they are on my list!
Essential Oxygen Hydrogen Peroxide Spray…great for pigmentation and healing. NEED!
Healing Spray Rose…rose water is all the rage right now so I’m definitely interested in giving this a try!
If you are in Utah, GO SEE LAURA! Trust me! Even if you don’t struggle with acne, treat yo’ self to a nice facial. It is nice just to get pampered. Comment on this post with what product you are interested in, or what you are looking for in skincare, for an extra entry (see my Instagram). I truly hope this helps someone and that everyone gives Salis Skincare a try!
Does anyone else suffer from acne? I didn’t really start having it until just over a year ago. And let me tell you, it is the worst. Not many people know just how bad it really was, thankfully right now it is 75% better than what it was. I’ll go more into depth in a later post. I was getting bad hormonal acne around my chin, acne all over my back, it was so bad. It made me so self-conscious. I still am, to be honest. I only wear certain clothes, very very rarely have no face makeup on, it is horrible! I have tried everything. Not eating certain foods, this and that face wash, this cream, that pill, everything besides Accutane, I’ve done it! I’m here to tell you that it can get better! Honestly I am not positive if it is time, or products, or a combination of both that have helped, but something has changed. I’ve been religious to a few products over the last year, and I’m here to share.
- Simple Cleansing MIcellar Water – I use this after I take off my makeup to make sure I get every last thing off. In place of a toner, I suppose. It is cheap and leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed.
- Kate Somervile EradiKate – I actually was just introduced to this about a month ago, and I’M OBSESSED. It is just a drying lotion, I put it on pimples at night, and by the morning they are 50% less inflamed and red. It really helps. I suggest ordering off their site directly, using a 10% off coupon you can easily find, and getting all the free samples!
- Salis Skincare, Lavender & Jasmine Salt Scrub – HEAVEN SENT. Laura from Salis is seriously an angel. I discovered them on IG a while ago and knew that when I moved to Utah, I needed to go in to get a facial from her. Well I have had 2 and can’t wait for my next one. Lavender is particularly good for acne, and the jasmine smells so yummy. This is a staple for me.
- Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap – Say hello to your new favorite soap for your chest and back. Throw away those Neutrogena washes, because I know they are in your showers! The fruit extracts help break down dead skin cells and acts as a gentle exfoliator. Try it!
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer – I use this every morning. I have found that my skin does better when I moisturize only once a day. Yours might be different! I love that this is lightweight, doesn’t have a scent, and has SPF.
- Salis Skincare Blackhead Removal Mask – another MUST HAVE! This mask isn’t one you wear over your whole face. You focus on the areas where you have blackheads, and wear the mask overnight. Not only does this help with blackheads, it’ll shrink your pores!
Hope you guys find this info useful, and if you are on the market for some new products, give them a try! I know that everyones skin is different, so these might not work for you like they have for me, but it is worth a shot! What products have worked for your acne prone skin? I always love to hear!