Does anyone else suffer from acne? I didn’t really start having it until just over a year ago. And let me tell you, it is the worst. Not many people know just how bad it really was, thankfully right now it is 75% better than what it was. I’ll go more into depth in a later post. I was getting bad hormonal acne around my chin, acne all over my back, it was so bad. It made me so self-conscious. I still am, to be honest. I only wear certain clothes, very very rarely have no face makeup on, it is horrible! I have tried everything. Not eating certain foods, this and that face wash, this cream, that pill, everything besides Accutane, I’ve done it! I’m here to tell you that it can get better! Honestly I am not positive if it is time, or products, or a combination of both that have helped, but something has changed. I’ve been religious to a few products over the last year, and I’m here to share.
- Simple Cleansing MIcellar Water – I use this after I take off my makeup to make sure I get every last thing off. In place of a toner, I suppose. It is cheap and leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed.
- Kate Somervile EradiKate – I actually was just introduced to this about a month ago, and I’M OBSESSED. It is just a drying lotion, I put it on pimples at night, and by the morning they are 50% less inflamed and red. It really helps. I suggest ordering off their site directly, using a 10% off coupon you can easily find, and getting all the free samples!
- Salis Skincare, Lavender & Jasmine Salt Scrub – HEAVEN SENT. Laura from Salis is seriously an angel. I discovered them on IG a while ago and knew that when I moved to Utah, I needed to go in to get a facial from her. Well I have had 2 and can’t wait for my next one. Lavender is particularly good for acne, and the jasmine smells so yummy. This is a staple for me.
- Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap – Say hello to your new favorite soap for your chest and back. Throw away those Neutrogena washes, because I know they are in your showers! The fruit extracts help break down dead skin cells and acts as a gentle exfoliator. Try it!
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer – I use this every morning. I have found that my skin does better when I moisturize only once a day. Yours might be different! I love that this is lightweight, doesn’t have a scent, and has SPF.
- Salis Skincare Blackhead Removal Mask – another MUST HAVE! This mask isn’t one you wear over your whole face. You focus on the areas where you have blackheads, and wear the mask overnight. Not only does this help with blackheads, it’ll shrink your pores!
Hope you guys find this info useful, and if you are on the market for some new products, give them a try! I know that everyones skin is different, so these might not work for you like they have for me, but it is worth a shot! What products have worked for your acne prone skin? I always love to hear!